Friday, May 13, 2011

St. John Lutheran Church in Waverly



Meet the teacher of the New Preschool of St. John Lutheran Church, Waverly

My name is Melissa Haugo and I am very excited to be the teacher at St. John Preschool! I grew up in Fargo, ND and graduated from Minnesota State
University Moorhead with a B.S. in elementary education and an emphasis on early childhood education.  I also completed a reading endorsement through Buena Vista University.  I have two years of substitute teaching experience, two years of preschool teaching experience, and currently I am a reading interventionist at Okoboji Elementary School.

During my time outside of school I enjoy spending time with my husband and our two daschunds and two cats.  I am an avid runner and looking forward to
running a half marathon in May and again in June.

Music is my passion. I play the viola, violin, cello, piano, and a little guitar. I have my own music studio in Spirit Lake, IA called Hill Avenue Strings,  I teach violin, viola, and cello lessons to students of all ages.

I am excited to share my music in the Waverly community.