Thursday, August 27, 2009

Camp IO-DIS-E-CA

ANNOUNCING THE FORMATION OF THE CAMP IO-DIS-E-CA DEVELOPMENT OFFICE

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ, My name is Greg Gerjerts. I am Camp Io-Dis-E-Ca’s volunteer development director, and this month I’m launching a 3-year process of forming a Development Office to work on behalf of the Camp.

Over the next 3 years the Development Office will be involved in creating its own policy manual and strategic plan, launching and sustaining a quarterly e-newsletter, organizing an Annual Fund committee and assisting with the first two Annual Fund drives in 2011 and 2012. Additionally, we’ll be assisting with the Camp’s Capital Campaign, which should begin later this year, and we’ll also be coordinating our efforts with those of the Camp Io-Dis-E-Ca Foundation. It will take a small group of devoted individuals to carry out the Development Office’s charter, and so I am making this earnest appeal for individuals in Iowa District East to step forward and assist me on behalf of the Camp.

Are you a good communicator? An effective organizer? An experienced financial or investment advisor? An attorney? Do you simply have a desire to pitch in and help in our efforts to secure a long-term future for this remarkable IDE institution?

Now more than ever the Camp needs our support and direct involvement in order to reach its goals of being a best-in-class facility and serving our District Congregations with great distinction—presenting the pure Gospel of Jesus Christ to LCMS and non-LCMS constituents in this unique, natural setting. Please prayerfully consider my appeal, and contact me to discuss the possibility of your serving on this, the inaugural Development Office for Camp Io-Dis-E-Ca. I promise I’ll do my best to make your involvement a rewarding experience, and in turn you’ll be able to help make it a rewarding venture for the Camp.

Email me at gerj@cfu.net, or call me at 319-961-1103, and I’ll be happy to discuss the possibility of our serving together in this worthy endeavor.

Peace in Christ Jesus only,

Greg Gerjerts
1816 Grand Blvd Cedar Falls, IA 50613